Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Time to Brag

Ok so I need to brag a little. For those of you that know me well, you know that I DO NOT COOK. At all. For those of you that don't know me, I DO NOT COOK...At all. I never cooked while growing up and since I have been on my own in college I have never really had a desire to cook or bake because I didn't know how. Seriously. We are talkin big time...like, when I lived in a little white house while attending CEU, with Sarin, Chaliese, and Tiff, I screwed up MAC & CHEESE. yeah that's right. Well now I have been married almost 2 years and I can probably count on one hand the times I have actually made and prepared a meal or dessert from scratch..by myself. Well earlier this morning I caught a bit from Good Things Utah, and they had some ladies on their that did "recipe blogs". They were making a main course called "Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas". It seemed simple enough and, of course, they made it seem DELICIOUS. So I thought ok, I am going to make Bodie dinner tonight and dessert. I got online and found the recipe and while searching through various recipes came across a basic chocolate chip cookie one. I decided to do that as well. Well let me just say... It turned out AMAZING. Both of them. Bodie got home from work at about 4 and the cookies were made, and enchiladas were on their way. He didnt really say much (I have made a couple things before, not bad, but not that great)..so I am sure he just figured it was some random generic thing. Well of course he ate a cookie first thing, thought they were good. Not much else. But usually when I make chocolate chip cookies they are really flat and kinda gooey..almost too gooey. You can see from the picture below that they turned out great! Fluffy and the perfect softness. As for the enchiladas...how can I put this...well this is what Bodie said after the first bite, "Oh my gosh...did you really make this or did you go buy it? This is SO good, Holy crap!" YAY! I was so happy! He went on to say, "It's the perfect amount of spiceyness, and sweetness. Wow, that's dang good." Then he got a heaping plate full and ate every last piece. It really is SO good. I loved it too! Usually I hate leftovers but I am actually glad to have more of this! Yummy. I am so proud of myself.
Ok so I know the picture doesn't do it justice, kind of a blob of mush, but believe me, IT'S THE BEST!!!

Don't these cookies look great?! They are perfect. Oh and the ghiradelli chocolate chips, bittersweet, way good.


Everyone can get this great recipe, plus more, at this link:
the ladies blog address is on their as well, but here it is anyway:
ENJOY LADIES!!! :)

4 comments:

Misty Call said...

Way to go Katie! They look and sound amazing. I seriously think I'll try those recipes out; that should make Nate's day. Isn't it so true that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach:)! Oh and I'm making my blog private so make sure you leave me a comment with your email address so I can add you! Take Care.

Jens and Patricia said...

Way to go! I am so proud of you. I don't blame you on the whole cooking thing, I try to do it but we always eat the same things over and over so I need some ideas! Good luck preparing more amazing dishes!

Joe'n'Jess said...

Thats awesome! I'm glad you are finding joy in cooking. its fun to try something new and just nail it! i think i'm going to try your recipe because i'm super sick of my recipe. i'll let you know how it turns out!

Tanya said...

Oh my gosh you are so funny! I love it! Congrats on a successful meal. I might have to try that enchilada recipe. When do you find time inyour busy school schedule to cook anyways?? I am too busy working on my capstone for theory...ha ha! JK! Haven't even started.