Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Break-Up.

Alright. This post is more for me to vent, that for you to read. Before I get too much into it just know this: I LOVE hair. It is my passion. I especially love changing my own hair. 2 yrs ago when we made the decision to move to Spokane, I decided to go platinum blonde. Couple reasons, 1st-it was Bodie's idea, and I LOVED the idea, and also because I knew it was something I could maintain myself, seeing as how I would no longer be in a salon (getting hair done for free) and wasn't about to go spend $100 bucks to get a root retouch. Now 2 years later, I had perfected what I truly have LOVED...BLONDE. Just so fun. Now most people that have platinum hair, also have fried hair. But not mine. So soft, so healthy, so....white. No yellow. How great. How HARD to get it so perfect. Recently a few people, mostly Bodie, have been nagging me to change it. I think because he was sick of helping me do the back, EVERY 4-5 weeks (thanks babe!) I did start doing it myself the last few times, which worked ok, but wasnt something I looked forward to when the time came. Anyway, getting off track...So the last few months I have let the idea of adding some brown, doin a little more dark blonde..creep into my thoughts. Back and forth I would think, "Why would I change such a perfect, hard to reach color?" Then the flip side, "these roots are SO annoying!", and "oh how I wish I could swim in that pool with out risking green hair.." I gradually decided that change is good, that when we start having kids it will be really tough to keep up, and also feeling like platinum was super fun when my hair was really short and funky, but now that im growing it out its not the same. About a month ago, I found a fabulous pic, called my aunt (who did my hair for years), we decided on what we thought would be a good formulation...waited a while longer, and then I guess I decided it was time. I called my friend Brene'e yesterday to tell her I was FINALLY ready, and I went in right after that. I dont know if I was ready! Too late now. The color turned out fairly decent. The only problem is that I have somewhat gold roots, and I just keep thinking, "What!? I went from beautiful platinum, to orange roots!? NO!" Brene'e did so good though, just as I asked. But...today I just feel like....I broke up with my hair, and I miss it, and I want it back. I told Bodie and he said, "forget about it..it was a clean break." Kinda funny, but seriously, I miss it. The best way for me to describe it is when you were dating, and you broke up with someone because you knew it was gonna be better for you in the end, but its so hard right now, and you kinda just wanna get back together. I know this sounds CRAZY. I promise I am not vain, please dont think that. I just grew really attached, and I am kinda feeling like I gave in to peer pressure, when I really LOVED my hair the way it was. It would be so hard to go back. So I know I just need to wait it out. I also know that in a year, or probably even 6 months from now I will look back and think, "Seriously Katie, that was ridiculous, its hair, you needed to grow up." But right now...I really miss it. So there you have it. My break-up. I guess onto bigger and better things...is this a sign that I am not ready to be a mom yet? That i'm Selfish? Ugh I bet...I really need to get over this. I just really really love hair. So that's it. That's my vent. Because trust me, Bodie does NOT want to hear about it. He can't blame me though, even he said it needs to be fixed. Right when I walked in he looked @ me (I kept a straight face, no sign of whether I liked or disliked it), and looked @ it for a bit, then said "Do you not like your hair?" He actually disliked it I think a little more than me! That's the worst! I do, however, appreciate that I have a husband who really takes interest in what I look like, and also wear (he is a great personal stylist, yay for me!) Ok, I have to be done now. Its over. Maybe ill retouch my roots in a few days to get some gold out. So that's that. Thank you for sharing my break-up with me...if you are even still reading :) Pics.......


The last 2 years











Just a few days ago...


Heading to the salon,I think having a bad hair day may have had something to do with my going to the salon so quickly...





In the salon...


The Results: Overall its not bad, but I am really picky, and the roots are gold, and some of the hair looks gray-ish to me. That's fixable though..










I suppose this post will be fun to look at later in life, and in a couple months from now, along with a few changes I will probably love my hair. Oh and by the way, this is the goal:


Looking forward to that day.

5 comments:

Moke said...

I know I'm not the hair expert, but I don't think the roots look that bad. I think the ultimate goal will look fabulous, even if you have to go over a few bumps to get there!

chaliese said...

Katie I love you! I think it looks good, the roots are a little gold but your right it is totally fixable and will be gone soon. I think that color looks great with your longer hair and when you get it to your final goal will be gorgeous! I love that bodie is your personal stylist, Carter is mine too! He is always wanting me to change my color too and I ALWAYS listen, why do we always listen? Oh I know because their good at picking out good styles so why not hairstyle?:-)

Audrey Winn said...

I loved your platinum hair! You are so beautiful you can pull anything off! Hey the goal is called "Melting" I'm sure you are aware, my mom has been trying it out that is the only reason I know ha!

Breanna said...

Ha ha! I LOVED your post. I totally understand. Loved your hair platinum too... Megan will miss it! You look gorgeous no matter what tho! ;)

Heather Young said...

I feel your pain. I have only been blonde for about a year and I am already thinking about putting some brown highlights back through it. I am SOOOOOOO sick of the root up keep! But everyone LOOOOOVES me as blonde, so its hard to go back to brunette. I kinda miss my brunette hair though. Decisions decisions... What to do. Luckily, my hair isnt fried. It is still very healthy. But product is getting expensive too :(