Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yet another adventure.

WELL. Those of you who know Bodie, and Kody for that matter, KNOW that it wasnt going to be long before we wenting jumping off those same cliffs posted in the previous post. Saturday seemed like a great day to go back to Coeur D'Alene to go cliff jumping. We set out on our adventure. Here we are starting the trail to the cliffs. A moose was there to greet us... Here we have Bodie (grey) and Kody (red) marching their way to the awaited cliffs.
This cliff, according to the boys, was WAY to small, and just wasnt going to do for what they had planned.


Kody decided to take a quick minute jumping along the rocks. It was only about a 15 ft drop. No big deal. I know you will love that Ash.

Bodie took the first jump. I believe the words that came out of his mouth werent really words, more like shreaks due to the coldness of the water.

Here we are with Bodie climbing back up to jump again.



Peeking over the edge down at Kody.

We decided that we could get better pics from underneath, they turned out pretty dang cool. Also, notice the dark clouds accumulating. This is Kody.

The storm was rolling quickly, but they just kept jumping...over and over and over. All the time encouraging me to jump. They assured me that the water wasnt cold...right...after those shreaks? I dont think so. Not to mention the scary storm rolling. This is Bodie.


We decided to take cover for a while under some trees. Smart right? I know. We waited here for about 15 min and the rain was just POURING. It was crazy how much was coming down.


Notice that my hair is absolutely DRENCHED. I didnt not step foot in the lake. This was all rain baby!



Trails that were dry just moments earlier became huge puddles and streams of water.


It was INSANE how much water came down in such a short amount of time. As much as I would have loved the sunshine, I must admit, it was really really fun!



Later that day... got home, got showered up and ready to go out & about again.
Mirabou park, about 4 min away from where we live.

Fun little dock to walk out on.


Kody on the phone trying to figure out flight plans to get back to Cedar. (Ash is currently there visiting) Bodie looking around through the mossy lake...


And what to our surprise?? TURTLES. Lots of them. Kody caught me this one.

He was just a little guy. The other ones we saw there were HUGE. It was awesome. I think we saw a total of 9 there that day. I just wanted to keep it SO bad. But I knew I would get bored of it soon, so I let him go...until next time ;)
The other ones were probably twice this size.

While I wanted to keep it... Bodie, on the otherhand, wanted to eat it. ...While Kody wanted IT to eat HIM.


THE END.

3 comments:

Joe'n'Jess said...

so much fun. get it all in while you can...before you have babies. i don' t even remember the last time we went cliff jumping. keep telling me about WA cause it sounds awesome!

Kelli and Nicholas said...

oh my gosh its so beautiful there! i'm so jealous. it would be so fun to go some place different. you guys look like you are having fun!

Mrs. Walker said...

Alright, a little blog stalker alert.

I was surfing through blogs and find some familiar faces of you & Bodie! And in Spokane no less!

This is Melisa (formerly Wilson) of the good ol' EC. We're here in Spokane where my husband is going to law school.

Give me a shout! I'd love to hear what you guys are up to! melisa_dear@hotmail.com

And I totally agree, it's gorgeous up here! We can't get enough of the trees!